Monday, March 20, 2023

Movie review - Jumanji: The Next Level

Jumanji: The Next Level

Director: Jake Kasdan

Actors: Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black and Kevin Hart

My guess: 6,1? - 2020? (6,7 - 2019)

My Points: 6,3 - 3/5

First of, maybe I oughta reviewed the first movie first - but... I can do that later, it's not so important.

Second, well... this movie sucked! I'm gonna straight skip to the end; it/this tried to be emotional - waht?! Boring stupid movie, and it tries to be something good (emotional)? Well it went straight to garbage, I could give a flying f**k..!!

Then back to beginning, which I dont see a point - just end this peacefully here!

Well, something good - it was nice to see Danny DeVito & Danny Glover. Man, they have gotten old. They didn't have a big role, which I predicted.

The CGI was shit! The ostrich chase, so freaking ridiculous. I maybe not oughta not concentrate on the stupid CGI parts, 'cause there were alot of them.

But maybe I oughta mention a couple (of bad CGI); the characters look so stupid jumping and "parkouring" - it looked like a game, so stupid looking CGI shit! The hippo, looked like trash.

This movie tried to be "good action-packed adventure" movie, but oh'boy - this was total shit!

It seemed to be a good movie, but how wrong was I..? I mean, it aint all bad - this had some good moments. Good actors at least... As you can see by my points (6,3 - 3/5), this had something. Not much, but something... Although I poor-mouth this so much, gotta defend this somewhat - dont know why bother...

The actors, pretty good cast! Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson ofcourse, he was the best part of the movie - with Kevin Hart, he's so hilarious. Jack Black were also very funny. And Rory "GoT" McCann, I like him. Although he (Rory) wasn't great at this movie, pretty mediocre role in this one - but still I gotta mention him.

Then there were Karen Gillan & Awkwafina, they were also pretty good. Awkwafina for more, I have liked her - for example in Ocean's 8.

So afterall, pretty watchable movie - but that aint alot! I could easily say, that I wasted two hours of my life, but...

If I remember correctly, the first movie was pretty good. I could have first watch and review that (before this travesty), but I had intrest on this one (dont know why), and I dont got the first movie (I have neither this one, in my collection - watched this free from cable TV, thank god...)! Then I could just have loaned it from a friend, but... What a travesty that would have been, that I had paid money for this?!

Altough, I gotta admit - I went to the movie theater to see this carbage. And then I seemed to like this, dont know why... But now the time has eaten this, this has gone old... and bad!

So dont watch this shit, except if you are a fan of the first movie. Or a fan of some/all actors... But what I recommend, is that forget these CGI shit movies - and watch the first movie (1995)! Now that's a good movie, although time has eaten it very much (CGI is awful) - but it's a "good action-packed adventure" movie, which this tries to be - but it aint even close!

I will have nighmares of the ridiculous CGI...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review - Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick Director: Joseph Kosinski Writers: Jim Cash , Jack Epps Jr. and Peter Craig Actors: Tom Cruise , Jennifer Connelly and M...