Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Movie review - Red Sparrow

Red Sparrow

Director: Francis Lawrence

Actors: Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton and Matthias Schoenaerts

My guess: 7,7? - 2019? (6,6 - 2018)

My Points: 7,5 - 3,5/5

At the end of the movie, I wrote down "good movie". And yes, that (good movie) this indeed was - I almost gave four (****) stars, but not quite...

The "rich guy paying for sex" -scene was nice. And propably(?) kinda realistic, rich guy thinking that he get what he wants - 'cause he's rich. And thinks he's interesting. But what happened to the arrogant man, watch the movie (not that it was something special, but good scene/happening...)!

The main actor/actress pair was good. Jennifer "Dominika Egorova" Lawrence and Joel "Nate Nash" Edgerton, to be precise. The chemistry between them were good!

The movie had great ambience, nice spy drama thriller.

And that was good, that Dominika didn't kicked everyone ass by she's own! Actually, she sometimes just didn't do nothing, just gave up - 'cause she knew she could win! So she wasn't any supergirl, although she had trained. That was good, I liked that very much.

And the wounds seemed realistic, who (good guy, good girl, or bad guy... or anyone) got them - slowned them down. It is so stupid in nowadays movies, that if you get stabbed/shooted - you don't notice nothing... For example Scream 6 (which I saw about a week ago), so ridiculous. At the end (of Scream), the good guy/girl just walked off - while he/she had stabbed a couple of times. There were ambulances, but who cares - which ("who cares") seems to be a nowadays "vogue". I dont like that, I like realism!

Not that every movie has to be "realistic as shit", but... just at least some realism - not that you get stabbed by a knife and it doesn't do anything to you...

To torture scene(s) - couple of them, were kinda brutal. I have seen worse, but it looked like it is actually happening. Nicely done!

So, a good movie - which I definately recommend. Except if you are a "Hollywood 2020 FTW!!1" guy, then you might not like this one. But, I definately recommend - that you give this one a chance! I'm just a little bit disappointed, that this didn't got four stars (from me) - it was so close. Something were missing, I dont know what... Maybe something suprising, although the end was pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review - Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick Director: Joseph Kosinski Writers: Jim Cash , Jack Epps Jr. and Peter Craig Actors: Tom Cruise , Jennifer Connelly and M...