Saturday, May 27, 2023

Movie review - Wall Street

Wall Street

Director: Oliver Stone

Actors: Charlie Sheen, Michael Douglas, Martin Sheen, Tamara Tunie, Daryl Hannah, John C. McGinley and Terence Stamp

My guess: 7,1? - 1988? (7,3 - 1987)

My Points: 7,3 - 4-/5

This was a good movie, I like 80-90's movies. Main main actor pair - Charlie "Bud Fox" Sheen & Michael "Gordon Gekko" Douglas - were great! I also liked Charlie's (also real) father Martin "Carl Fox" Sheen.

The beginning of the movie was quite boring, but as along the movie went - it got better... When Bud finally succeeded, it was a nice scene where he bought the nice apartment "I offer 'xxx' amount of this".

The wrangling between Bud and his father Carl was nice, later or the hospital scene were even better - very touching...

Terence "Sir Larry Wildman" Stamp were interesting character, he "could buy Gekko six time" (or something like that) - it was nice!

I'm gonna spoil, that Gekko screwed Bud over. The "revenge plan" was nice, that I aint gonna tell - did that work. You just have to watch the movie, which I definately recommend.

At the end, the "dead office" was nice. What happened? Watch the movie...

Also at the very end, the "stylish grass with skyscraper view" scene were also nice.

Overall, a great movie! Maybe a little bit boring, expecially at the beginning. But you just gotta 'adjust' to that. Or maybe you like this all the way, but indeed to me it was a little bit boring...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review - Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick Director: Joseph Kosinski Writers: Jim Cash , Jack Epps Jr. and Peter Craig Actors: Tom Cruise , Jennifer Connelly and M...