Friday, January 6, 2023

Movie review - A Star Is Born

A Star Is Born

Director: Bradley Cooper

Actors: Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper and Sam Elliott

My guess: 6,8? - 2020? (7,6 - 2018)

My Points: 7,2 - 3,5/5

This movie contains great music, that's why I like this movie so much. The way Ally (Lady Gaga) and Jack (Bradley Cooper) met, was nicely done and intresting. All the way to the end, which sadly ended badly (I dont spoil that)!

The main stars (Gaga & Cooper) were good, but I also liked Sam Elliott (Bobby) character. He did an excelent work as the older brother.

Ally's quitting of his job was good. I can quess, that many wants to do that (quit their job), but dont have the courage to do that. This movie maybe encourage to do that (if you really want...)!

Shallow was/and still is a great song! I also liked the other songs (which I'm though not gonna mention by name). Or one I can mention; Always Remember Us This Way - great song!

Dave "George 'Noodles' Stone" Chappelle was interesting character, I would love to see him more.

Then Ally started his single career, I didn't like it! The song were kinda terrible (maybe in intention), and the movie lost it's interest. But Jack rescued the bordom, by going haywire with his drinking.

The fights between Ally & Jack was good (at least to watch). When Ally won the price, Jack were amusing while he totter to the stage. And while he pissed all over his pants, I laughed my ass off!

Overall, great movie. I haven't seen the original (or the other version), I oughta do that. But they propably aint good as this, as they are old as... shit! I dont kinda like very old movies, from downward 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review - Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick Director: Joseph Kosinski Writers: Jim Cash , Jack Epps Jr. and Peter Craig Actors: Tom Cruise , Jennifer Connelly and M...