Monday, June 5, 2023

Movie review - The Terminator

The Terminator

Director: James Cameron

Writers: James Cameron, Gale Anne Hurd and William Wisher

Actors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Linda Hamilton and Michael Biehn

My guess: 8,4? - 1981? (8,1 - 1984)

My Points: 8,5 - 4+/5

Now this is some good - an awesome, movie! The music is great, legendary!

"What the hell" trashman is funny, I have always laughed at that (when he says "what the hell", in a funny style).

The hooligans are nice! "Nice night for a walk, eh?", "wash day tomorrow? Nothing clean, right?", so funny. You can recognise one (or all) of the punks; Bill "Punk Leader" Paxton. And then there is the police, Lance "Vukovich" Henriksen. Why I mention these guys? Well, they're both in Aliens (1986) - btw which James Cameron directed.

The gunstore scene was nice, "Uzi 9mm". Then Terminator loaded the shotgun, and... Good stuff!

Hunting "Sarah Connor" were also nice. Although, how primitive the Terminator was?! He could't recognise Sarah... He's a machine, from the future!? Well, this was the first movie, so... I guess they evolved! But they got way too skillful in the later movies. Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) is still okay, I mean T1000. But on the later movies, when the 'machines' can operate many moving cars and shit like that - and bullets don't do nothing (same thou with T1000)! That went too far... I like this simple Terminator.

The "machine war", well... I have hated it even from childhood, it is just boring to watch!?

The cops, I mean two 'main' cops - were nice! I already mentioned Lance, Paul "Traxler" Winfield were also good.

Bar scene were nice, "come with me if you wanna live" - awesome!

The story/history/future, by telling Michael "Kyle Reese" Biehn was intresting and nice. The psychologist Earl "Silberman" Boen was funny, I have always liked him (from T2 to T1, first I saw T2).

That was a nice scene, when The Terminator repaired him/it-self, nice to see him 'suffer'.

"I'll be back", legendary!

Police station shooting were nice.

And at the end, "ur terminated" - nice!

I havent mention Arnold or Linda?! Well, everyone knows them, so... Usually I dont have lots to say about woman actors, but Linda "Sarah Connor" Hamilton is a awesome character! She's (Sarah) and he's (Kyle) love romance was nice. And btw, Sigourney "Ripley" Weaver is also awesome, if I can 'jump around'.

And ofcourse Arnold "The Terminator" Schwarzenegger, awesome stuff! Arnold is like, well... born to play The Terminator, he's so good at it!

But then, well... I could watch T2 and review that! It's just a little bit better in grade, but now'a'days I like more T1. It so simple, and good! Do I will give T2 five stars, well... that we will see later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Movie review - Top Gun: Maverick

Top Gun: Maverick Director: Joseph Kosinski Writers: Jim Cash , Jack Epps Jr. and Peter Craig Actors: Tom Cruise , Jennifer Connelly and M...